National Siblings Day!

Today is National Siblings Day!


And if there was ever an e-card to describe my sister, it would be this one.  Even in my biggest pain-in-the-butt little sister moments, my sister was ready to kick anyone's ass for me at any given moment.

I grew up pretty close to my sister. As a little shit, if I had a nightmare, it wasn't my parents room I went to - it was my sisters. I'm sure at 10-ish, she hated being woken up in the middle of the night to the "Sam, I'm scared! Can I sleep with you??", but never stopped her from pulling back the blankets and putting me in the bed with her. Crawling in bed with my sis became something that happened often, usually with us watching & quoting The Golden Girls before falling asleep.


Samantha & I are total night and day, and always have been. I was the nerd who loved nothing more than reading a good book,  listening to Country Music & stayed out of trouble for the most part while my sister was the beach baby who skipped 21 days of school in a row to party at the beach & attempted to run away from home briefly in high school.

Please note that I had to be put in a bikini with freaking CAT HEADS on the boobs while my sister got a modest, cute purple one piece. What the hell is this!?

However, no matter how different we are, she's practically my other half. There's not a day we don't talk, and her babies are the loves of my life. I'm so fortunate to have a big sister whose there when I need her - no matter the problem, no matter the time of day or night, who would run over anybody that did me wrong ;) Happy Siblings Day sissy!



post signature

No comments